I took some time out today to test the web pages to see if it conformed to HTML standards. I had a very minor problem that's resolved now. However, I found all the other web pages failed to specify what kind of document type (via <!DOCTYPE>). So, I took care of it.
I also found some problems with my cascading style sheets, so I fixed them, too. I can't seem to deal with the warnings, though... every thing I try to address them, Netscape screws up the rendering <sigh>. Most frustrating. So, the warnings will have to remain. You can test my site yourself using the buttons at the bottom.
I've also worked on HTMLArchive some more (duh). I think I've managed to remove the dependancy on regexx, so now folks will be able to compile it without having to download that package.
HTMLArchive now provides some decent support for directories. It required the creation of a class to deal with changing directories and such, but at least I have something nice and flexible to work with now. It's certainly made thing easier for my own web pages.
Of course, I found these problems by messing with my own web pages... which means that I'm using HTMLArchive on these web pages now. I still need to implement it in a few other areas, but I'm using it with this page (at least).
Melvin continues to work on his paper... gotta finish it today, but he has 21 of the 25 pages done, so I think he'll make his deadline (hooray!).
Yesterday, I bought a humidifier with the hopes of getting rid of a sore throat I occasionally feel when I wake up in the mornings. While it did make the air feel a little better, I'm still getting a tiny bit of a sore throat in the mornings. Argh.
Humidifiers have a severe creep value for me. Madam Anthrax used to use them zealously. She made quite a fuss over her suite of humidifiers. She also used to get me to refill them. In those days, they didn't have the nice features you can find today; refilling those damned things provided several minutes of toil and pain, as you fiddled with the plastic crap, pouring however many gallons of water into an inconvenient receptacle.
My humidifier has a nice container you simply lift out, turn over, open up, refill, close up, and replace into the humidifier. I like it. I find it considerably easier to work with. It also will only humidify the room as the room requires it, so you won't find yourself with a sopping-wet room.
Still, I hope to avoid having to do any of this nonsense in the future. The weather's cold nature prevents me from opening up a window for now. Later, though, as the weather warms, I'll definately open up a window and enjoy some real air.
I obviously don't live in downtown DC anymore.